Backpacking Tent: Mountain Hardwear EV 2 Tent
The Mountain Hardwear EV 2 Tent is the perfect 2 person backpacking tent for your next hiking trip!
Ed Viesturs is America’s leading high altitude mountaineer and he gives this tent his approval for its specifications. The Mountain Hardwear EV 2 is a strong, light and compact tent that was specifically designed for the durability of withstanding higher altitude expeditions.
The thin design of the EV 2 fits on most ledges and the clip setup aids in your highwind pitches. Made of a TX07PU fabric that is strong and lightweight, the nonstretch laminate strengthens and becomes stable when the tent is pitched. The lightweight Atlas Scandium XL poles shave weight off the tent, yet provide a steady and durable sturdiness once the tent is set-up.
The make of this backpacking tent is great for protection from the elements outside utilizing its integrated durable vestibule, while an interior zip with built in ventilation helps aid with the management of cold and frost.
- Capacity of tent: 2 people
- Number of Doors: 1
- Conduit FR 30D fly fabric
- Includes Atlas Scandium XL poles
- Fewer poles necessary to stabilize the tent utilizing the proprietary Evolution Tension Arch
- Able to maintain a living space because the integrated vestibule was included with the tent to allow space for boots and other items near the door
- Versatile ventilation options available with the included 4 adjustable vents with zippers and mesh
- Welded zipper flap construction is lighter and drier than sewn flap
- Fly Fabric: Conduit FR
- Reinforcement Fabric: TX07 PU
- Door zippers are watertight
- Reflective zipper pulls
- Snow port in floor that is watertight allows exit point for accumulated snow/frost
- Number of Poles: 3
- Ultra light 1/4″ webbing and buckles reduce the tent weight
- Floor Area: 31sq ft / 2.8sq m
- Interior Height: 3.41in / 104.1cm
- Minimum Weight: 5.1lb / 2.3kg
- Packed weight: 5.9lb / 2.6kgPacked weight: 5.9lb / 2.6kg
The Mountain Hardwear EV backpacking tent is sure to see you through many camping and hiking expeditions to come!